Wilderness Ultra Log Stain Samples
5-Year No-Fade Limited Warranty
Premium Finish – This product is a high build satin sheen water-based stain. It penetrates deep in cracks and gaps, providing a clean, unbroken film to the wood.
Protective Coating – Our Wilderness Ultra Log Stain has nano-technology UV inhibiting pigments that refract the damaging rays of the sun. This means the wood substrate will look great and last longer – especially in climates with long sun exposure.
Two Coat System – Unlike other log and siding stain systems, our Ultra Log Stain does not require a third clear coat. This makes it easier to repair and touch up without the need to remove stubborn clear top coats.
The Nitty Gritty
- Approved Substrates: LP SmartSide Panel, primed DuraTemp siding, Miratec trim, Masonite, fiberglass, vinyl, or metal. Note: to achieve a wood stained look all the substrates must have a faux grain surface. A smooth surface will not develop the desired stain look.
- Application: Brush, roll, or spray.
- Airless Spray: Reduce pressure to 1400 PSI and use a Graco 2:14 fine finishing tip.
- Surface Prep: This product is designed for new construction buildings and not previously painted or stained substrates. Avoid raw wood: Wilderness Urethane was not designed to perform on raw wood substrates.
- Dry Time: First coat dries to touch in 15 minutes. Two coats are recommended. The second coat can be applied as soon as the first coat is dry to touch.
- Application Temperatures: 50 to 100 degrees.
- Coverage: 720 square feet per gallon.
- Special Features: Wilderness Urethane contains trans iron oxide nanotechnology pigments which are paired with a very tough urethane to provide our customers a finish that will maintain its appearance for a decade.
- Shelf Life: 3 years.